Friday, January 1, 2010

Angels Blood by Nalini Singh


4 out of 5 Robots!



My Review:
Angels Blood by Nalini Singh is a must read for all paranormal-romance readers and fans of urban fantasy. I found this book tightly written- I wasn't shaking my head at any plot holes. For those of you that need a lot of romance in your novels, I don't know if this is the place for you. There IS romance, but I felt that there was more urban fantasy than romance... not an even blend. This makes me happy, I don't mind the love story being on the back burner. The hunt was intense.

Angels Blood is the first in a new series- The Guild Hunter Novels. I haven't read anything else by Singh, but I'm definitely adding the Psy-Changeling series to my TBR list after reading this one. So, our heroine is born a vampire-hunter. She has a special talent... a nose like a dog. She tracks her victims by scent. That's right, Elena is a badass with a hardcore past that she needs to come to terms with. Who would have guessed?

The day has come when Elena must accept the toughest challenge she has been offered to date. Yep, she's been hired by THE archangel of New York himself- Raphael. But there is a twist- she won't be tracking a vampire this time. Nope, she's been hired to track another archangel... the bloodiest, craziest archangel currently living. One of the most powerful archangels has decided to go mad and go on a killing spree. Can Elena come out of this hunt with her body and heart still intact?

And before I forget to throw this out there- this book would be 5 stars for me if the first 10-12 chapters weren't so blah. I found it hard to get into Elena and Raphael at first... separately and as a couple. Instead I found myself enthralled with a secondary character- Illium. I'm really craving a book that's all about this sexy blue winged angel. This isn't a bad thing- it just shows how riveting and lovely the supporting characters are. Dimitri too, a very very old vampire. Loved him. Ah, and all the wittily written novel after about chapter 12 made up for the lack of enthusiasm I had for the first chapters. I was engulfed in Elena's hunt.  

This author can express passion and emotions very well in her writings. I felt like the two main characters were a mystery to me and I don't completely understand them- yet I knew exactly how they felt. I felt my heart tense with the characters, I was nervous, excited, frustrated and scared with them too. I have a feeling this is going to be one of my favorite series.

Once again, I feel like I say this in every review of a new series- the book only suffered in the first half because the author had to create a whole new atmosphere for us to divulge into. She did a damn good job at it too! I not only divulged- I plummeted into Elena & Raphael's little world. ...Now I'm ready to plummet into Illium's world. (I'm seriously praying this happens!) Well, I guess I will check out the Psy-Changeling's while I wait for Archangel's Kiss come February!!

Oh, and I have to give credit to @bellie7 for this one! She sent it to me and told me it was a must read- well, she was right! READ THIS!

Book Details
Published: March 3, 2009; Berkley
Paperback: 358 Pages
ISBN10: 0425226921

Books in this series in the order that they should be read:
1. Angels Blood
2. Archangels Kiss (February 2010)

11 comments :

  1. HAppy New YeAr love.
    This sounds like an awesome book.
    Thanks for the great review. Adding it to my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too, Pat! I really think you'd like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot angel sex in a bathtub makes for good reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KB! You're right- good reading!! That scene was so sexy. I want a bathtub that big too now. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. I can't wait for book 2 to see what my sexy Raphael is going to say and do next. We could totally double date with the angels. Raphael for me and Illium for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bells, you set that double date up. Anytime, anywhere. I'll be there ;]

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome review and I so need to add that to myy TBR lol

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an award for you over at my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, Larissa!

    Thank you, Book Vixen!! I'm honored, you rock! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good one haven't heard of the series before now.

    FYI I have an award for you over at my blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin