Thursday, October 29, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust by Jennifer Rardin


4 out of 5 Stars

My Review:
"Another One Bites the Dust" is the second book in Jennifer Rardin's series on Jaz Parks- an assassin. This book was even better than the first, it really made me laugh. I love how the 'crew' interacts with each other... just like a dysfunctional family. I'm not sure if I have a strange sense of humor or this book really was as humorous as I think it was.. Ah, who cares, I REALLY enjoyed myself. =) If you haven't started reading this series yet, read my review of the first book here.

I loved the plot! It really kept me wrapped up in the book. Jaz and Vayl are on yet another mission. This time our beloved tech-inventor genius, Miles Bergman, has had his newest invention stolen. (I love how he is depressed and anxious like he had a baby taken from him.) His newest invention is a biologically sophisticated armor that molds to the DNA of the one wearing it for ultimate defense/offense. The armor was stolen by vampires from China that want to create the next world war to get China on top "where it belongs."

Jaz, usually a loner, is sharing an RV with her new "crew" (Vayl, Bergman, Cassandra and Cole.) They're sharing an RV at a festival to cover as carnival performers... They need a reason to be where they are and scope out/steal back the armor. Cassandra is using her psychic abilities, Jaz is belly dancing and Vayl sings and acts as muscle. They put on a great show and turn out to be rather believable.

Jaz has all the same issues she had in the first novella. However, she resolves some in this book. It is nice to see some closure in her life. Also, I love this, she sleep walks. Her black outs are now dreams that she acts out. These are dangerous sleep walks. Yikes!

This book has the same sexual tension between Vayl and Jaz as there was in the first book. They haven't jumped in the sack yet- thank goodness. It makes me want to keep reading the books. (Anyone watch The Office or Bones? It is like, COME ON you KNOW you belong together! GET TOGETHER!) I love this sort of anticipation. How typical of me ;o)


I just have to throw this in here -Cassandra and Bergman bicker and pick at each other throughout this entire book. It is hilarious. I just know this is going to turn into a love/hate relationship and they're going to get together. I'm waiting for it. I want it to happen! So... now I'm hoping Rardin introduces a new character so that Cole can have some sort of relationship with a woman that isn't Jaz. (I want Jaz and Vayl together!)

All in all, this book is very recommended (by me!) Rardin mixed action, suspense and humor perfectly in this novel... they all balanced each other out wonderfully. Enjoy it!!

Book Details:

  • Paperback: 336 pages
  • Publisher: Orbit; December 12, 2007
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0316020575
  • ISBN-13: 978-0316020572
Books in the Jaz Parks Series in order they should be read:

  1. Once Bitten, Twice Shy
  2. Another One Bites the Dust
  3. Biting the Bullet
  4. Bitten to Death
  5. One More Bite
  6. Bite Marks (10/29/2009, TODAY!)

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin