Monday, November 2, 2009

Biting the Bullet by Jennifer Rardin


5 out of 5 Stars

My Review:

 "Biting the Bullet" is the third installment of the Jaz Parks series- and it does not disappoint! Jennifer Rardin really brought an enthralling, thrilling adventure into this book. (Read reviews of the first two books here.) Jasmine (Jaz) and her new crew are sent to Iran to assist Dave's special ops troop assassinate the Wizard and weed out a mole. Oh- and the Wizard just happens to be one of the most badass terrorists and has eluded entrapment for over 20 years. 

Jaz has finally come to terms with her past- but is it too soon to face her twin brother, Dave? Jaz really discovers if she has dealt with her past when it slaps her back in the face. What happens when one of the people that you care about the most becomes an enemy? This book literally makes Jaz focus on some of her personal issues, which is a great addition to the CIA mission. When Vayl sneaks off on his own personal mission with a new Seer, Jaz is also slapped in the face with her own emotions. She may finally realize how much she cares about Vayl, and how much (or how little) he cares about her. 

This book was hard for me to put down, I read it in two days. (I probably would have read it in one if I wasn't visiting relatives that weekend!) Rardin delivers a plot twist around every corner with more than enough obstacles to keep Jaz on her toes. I love that each of these books has a single mission that is completed accompanied by sub plots that are stretched over the course of all three. My favorite subplot is the relationship between Vayl and Jaz. They seem to know there is something going on and that they should have taken this relationship to the next step- but there is always something that holds them back. 

I was banking on Cassandra and Bergman, but it seems it isn't so in this book... I really don't know who I want with who anymore! Cole and Jaz? Jaz and Vayl? Cassandra and Dave? Bergman and Cassandra? I just can't figure myself out- no wonder the characters have such a hard time making a decision ;o) 

This book was really funny. I laughed a lot- the situations, the dialogue between characters... This series is really maturing and becoming addictive. I can't wait to read books 4 - 6.  

Book Details:
  • Paperback: 336 pages
  • Publisher: Orbit; February 11, 2008
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0316020583
  • ISBN-13: 978-0316020589
Books in the Jaz Parks Series in order they should be read: 
  1. Once Bitten, Twice Shy
  2. Another One Bites the Dust
  3. Biting the Bullet
  4. Bitten to Death
  5. One More Bite
  6. Bite Marks

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin