Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and The Undead by Kim Harrison



 4 out of 5 Robots
My Review:
The Good, The Bad, and The Undead is the second installment of The Hollows by Kim Harrison. It is safe to say that I enjoyed myself more reading this book than the first- it was pretty damn entertaining! I should probably be giving it a 4.5 stars... not quite 5 stars for me, but close enough! The storyline was more exciting and totally intense at times.

As the characters are coming together I'm starting to see some awesome development- I find myself enamored with Jenks! A little annoying with his nonstop jibberjabber, but I love that he has a million children and spats sarcastic remarks out all the time. I'm beginning to love Rachel in this book more too, even though I don't understand her relationship with Ivy. (One of my friends told me I'm cold hearted for not getting it, haha! But who wants to live with a friend if you constantly have to walk on eggshells? The perfume thing? Bah!)  Ivy does have a wonderful story developing though... I'm on an emotional roller coaster with her in this book. Up, down.. Up... Down. Now, on with the plot! (I said that like... Off with her head! Yea, I don't know either.)

So, there is a string of witches that are turning up dead- we've got a serial killer on our hands. The human cops turn to Rachel and hire her on as a consultant. After all, they've got no one on their team that knows much about Inderlanders and they want to catch the bad guy before the IS. But is Rachel the next witch on our serial killer's list?

Rachel finds life more intriguing and confusing than ever in this book... Ivy begins to drink blood again. Nick, her boring boyfriend, becomes her familiar. We meet Piscary- a 400 year old powerful and dangerous vampire. Her former infamous enemy, Trent Kalamack, becomes her employer. Big Al is back for more fun and she's got that serial killer to stop. Miss Morgan is living in the fast lane, but that's ok, she doesn't like to slow down. ;]

By the end of this book, I was literally DIEING to know more about Trent. IS HE A BIG VILLAIN OR NOT? I have a crush on this man. Ah, I also can't wait to get more information on Kisten Phelps. I already have the rest of this series, what am I waiting for? I need to read them! (And so do you!) 

Book Details:

Published: HarperTorch, February 1, 2005
Mass Market Paperback: 453 Pages
ISBN10: 0060572973
ISBN13: 9780060572976

Other books in this series in the order they should be read:
2. The Good, the Bad, and the Undead
3. Every Which Way but Dead
4. A Fistful of Charms
5. For a Few Demons More
6. The Outlaw Demon Wails
7. White Witch, Black Curse
8. Black Magic Sanction (February 23, 2010)

13 comments :

  1. OMG! I love this series... u gotta finish it so we can talk about lol

    i love Kisten :)

    great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am never going to be able to catch up with you!! BUT DAMNIT I will try! Haha =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the review, I was a bit hesitant about this series, but its in my TBR pile, so maybe I can get through before the new year. I have finally decided you Jules are a superstar amoung the great Reviewers....Seriously we need to get together and have a serious interview. I want to pick your brain... You have great wisdom! Okay back to revising and thanks for the review. I just may see this series through. (Hey that Rhymed!) LOL ((Hugs))
    TaTa
    Tigris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, Tigris! I love that profile picture!

    I was hesitant about this series at first too, but I do love Urban Fantasy annnnd so I love this series so far. Everyone says it keeps getting better, so I gotta read the rest. I need smacked for neglecting my TBR pile!

    LOL, a superstar! I wish! I just know what I like ;] Pick my brain for what? Perverted thoughts? That is about all that is up there. HAhah... Thanks for commenting, dearest!

    PS. I loved your rhyme- and I guess I'm a typer too, my comment was 10x longer. HAHA. (That is why my reviews are too long too, I'm a friggin' rambler.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol u gotta at the very least with this series... :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Larissa, I will, with this series, I will!! I'm going to start the next in this series this week... Hey, at least I'm all caught up with the Anita Blake series =) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol thats so true... at least i get to go through the AB challenge with someone :)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! I'm seriously excited about reading those again with someone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read the first book and didn't really like it. But I hear soooo many people say how awesome this series is..so maybe I should have stuck with it...you make me want to read the second! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mandi, the first book wasn't that impressive and I almost gave up the series too. But this book is so much better than the first! Now I'm going to read the third and hope that it is even better than this one =) Can't wait to see if you read it so I can hear your thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You like adding to my tbr pile, don't you!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I do! ...I also like looking at that sexy back in your profile picture.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin