Saturday, November 7, 2009

Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs


5 out of 5 Stars

My Review:
Iron Kissed is my favorite book of the series so far, as it is the third installment of the Mercedes Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. These books become more and more intense as you read on- both in the books and from book to book. The intensity is usually unpredictable and so are the circumstances. This book really kept me on the edge of my seat. There are some real controversial and shocking elements in these novels that the author writes so smoothly it doesn't compromise the quality of her story/plot and characters. (Briggs is brilliant!) 

Onto the world that is Mercedes (Mercy) Thompson, our beloved VW mechanic and coyote shape shifter. She lives in a place where werewolves, shapeshifters, vampires and fae coexist with humans. The previous books were something like this- Moon Called circulated the werewolf world and Blood Bound circulated the vampire world. Now, that just leaves our lovely Iron Kissed- circulating the wicked world of the fae. Mercy is thrown into a murder case- The fae are having several of their locals on the fae reservation slaughtered. Who would do such a treacherous thing? 

Her dearest friend and mentor, Zee, is arrested for the murders and this is what throws Mercy into the mix of the murderer. She refuses to believe Zee could do such terrible things and is determined to clear his name. After all, Zee has always been there for her- even given her the VW shop. Will she figure out who the real slayer is? 

Now, lets move on to Mercy's personal life. She has two delicious werewolf men vying for her affection: Adam Hauptman (the local Alpha) and Dr. Samuel Cormick (the one that broke her heart at 16.) I'd say there is more action in this novel then there is romance, but there is just enough romance to keep you satisfied. I love this love triangle, I am constantly going back and forth about who I want Mercy to choose.  

This book had my heart throwing up and breaking. It was that great. Good grief I LOVE when an author makes my heart sink! I think I read in an interview by her that she has signed on to do seven of the Mercedes Thompson series- Thank goodness (It could be more by now, I read this awhile ago.) This series certainly has staying power- she knows what she is doing. I can't wait to read the next four.  

Book Details: 
  • Mass Market Paperback: 304 pages
  • Publisher: Ace, January 2, 2008
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0441015662
  • ISBN-13: 978-0441015665
    Books in this series in the order they should be read:
  1.  Moon Called
  2. Blood Bound
  3. Iron Kissed
  4. Bone Crossed
  5. Silver Borne (March 30, 2010)

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin