Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

4 out of 5 Robots!
 
My Review:
Pleasure Unbound is the first novel in the Demonica series by Larissa Ione. I have never enjoyed a debut novel so much. If the books to come are anything as imaginative as Pleasure Unbound- sign me up. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

There is a plethora of different species and subspecies of demons. They're all incredible creatures and the descriptions given are to die for. Literally. Some are evil and some are good. They're all hunted by the Aegis, or more commonly called the slayers. On an unfortunate hunt a young, unconscious slayer with strange anatomy almost dies and is brought into a demon founded hospital to be healed... When a doctor is extremely intrigued...and excited by her.

Eidolon is a seminus demon, a species of incubus. He is our delightfully delicious hero doctor. (Yes! A doctor!) All seminus demons must change when they reach a certain age -this change can be weakened if they find a mate for life. Not many want to be linked to a seminus demon for life. So can he do it? Can he find a woman (or demon?) that wants to be his soul-mate? For ETERNITY?! (Uh, he's a gorgeous doctor, what is the problem?)

Tayla, our young and unconscious Aegis slayer wakes up and finds herself all warmed up. *cough* Can she kill the demon that saved her life? I mean, they're demons, they're all bad, right? 

Tayla and Eidolon only learn to trust each other after long efforts to fight side by side to find serial killers. Talented serial killers. Someone has been kidnapping and carving out the organs of demons. Selling the organs and then dumping the bodies.

So, unlike the majority of paranormal romance novels you're going to read... this one literally starts off with a bang. No back story. No one true love. No emotional attachment. Not yet, anyway. Just a hospital bed, a demon and a half demon. It is pretty hot. I was really surprised, shocked. I'm not complaining, at all- it was awesome. Although, I think I still prefer a little background. Not to worry though, we get lots and lots of brothers and background throughout the rest of the novel. Speaking of brothers. Ahem. The next novels in the series are allllllll about the scrumptious seminus siblings.

This book is intense- lots of action, intimacy and mystery. I was on pins and needles throughout the entirety of the book because of the literally ignorant Aegis and their unpredictability. This may not have been such a quick read if I was able to put it down... I wasn't. I read this book until I was finished. I've been on an Angel kick lately- but I don't know. I think that I may be picking up more and more demon books. MMMmmmhm. If you're into paranormal romance, nose dive into this book immediately. ;o]

Other books in this series in the order that they should be read:
1. Pleasure Unbound - Amazon
2. Desire Unchained
3. Passion Unleased
4. Ecstasy Unveiled

Book Details: 
Published: June 20th 2008 by Forever
Mass Market Paperback: 389 pages
Isbn10: 044640103X
Isbn13: 9780446401036

13 comments :

  1. I don't think I could put into words how much I love this book! I couldn't put it down as well. Great review once again Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished up this book last week and loved it so! Good review. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bells & Mar- Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you guys loved the book as much as I did ;]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, awesome! I'm so glad you liked it! Bells and Mar, great to hear that from you too! :)

    Excellent review, and thank you for taking the time to write it up. I hope you like the next book -- Shade's book is super dark, but Wraith's book is the lightest of the three, so it kind of makes up for Shade's! *g*

    Thanks again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larissa! Thanks for stopping by! I'm so excited you read my review. I'm dying to read Shade's book. He's totally my favorite, even during E's book. Of course, when I get to Wraith's story you're going to hear me saying he's my favorite. I can't make up my mind.

    Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rex, I love this book too! You're gonna love the next one--Desire Unchained. I thought I wouldn't, but I loved it, much more than Pleasure Unbound. Now, I'm geared to read Passion Unleashed (Wraith's book).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silver! I can't wait to read Shade's book, I'm so excited that you said it is even better. Shade = my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew there were other species of succubi and now I have proof! Wonderful review and very impressively written.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you liked my review, Emme! And I'm so glad you finally have proof of the variety of succubi- finally ;]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds awesome! I may give it a try (I have just recently discovered romances!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am pretty new to romances too, Nikola... loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this book so much I went looking for the others. Got the new one as soon as it came out.Nice review as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you liked the review, Breia! I went for the next three books in the series immediately after reading this one too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin