Wednesday, November 18, 2009

At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost


5 out of 5 Robots!

My Review:



Ah!! The third installment, At Grave's End, of Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series is BRILLIANT! I loved it. Loved it. I'm sorry, I should have warned you to brace yourself for all the excitement that probably just smacked you in the face. I will try to calm myself from here on out- and remind myself that I'm not talking about a new lover (because that is what it sounds like!) Whoo, ok- getting serious now.

At Grave's End was an intense, thrilling read that made my toes curl. They curled whilst I blushed and giggled... and when I was made nervous for our heroine's life. Talk about an emotional (and gruesome) rollar coaster. I have to start describing the book for you now or I will get carried away with how enamored I am with it... I think the book had a more Urban Fantasy feel to it with Cat and Bones jumping from one issue to the next with their special ops team. Lots of fantastic gore and chaos- wonderful, witty, sarcastic dialoge... tons of humor! There is a good bit of blood in this one- so you blood thirsty readers out there will be pleased. Cat and Bones encounter the extremely powerful, dangerous enemy (ha, and wife!) of Bone's grandsire. She wants to see Cat and Bones dead. Bones declares a vampire war and all must choose sides. Thankfully, Bones has chosen to allie himself with his grandsire and gains some sweet new powers.

There is a moment in this book that made me tear up. Cat and Bones are slapped in the face with the possibility that one may have to live without the other... again. This scene is completely heartbreaking- imagine your worst fear being realized and then coming true. (Don't worry, we get some delicious *intimate* bedroom scenes. Should I have mentioned that earlier?) Nothing can come between this power couple... Not even Tate. Yea, you, Tate! Even though some characters become boring when they find their happily ever after- this devoted couple didn't disappoint me. I was hooked until the end. I really enjoyed their occasional spats- Even the most perfect couple isn't in constant bliss. It made them seem like a normal couple... I love realistic, logical fights.

You have to read this book. The banter between Bone's and Justina is hilarious! Justina gets a lover... oh, and so many other things happen that will just make you pump your arm and say 'yessss.' I wish I could spill more beans, but I'm not into spoilers. ;]

It is really late and I haven't eaten all day, so let me apologize for what I've written above. I will be too lazy to go back and change it tomorrow. FIVE stars for Ms. Cat Crawfield! And GOODnight!!


Book Details: 
Published: Avon, December 30, 2008
Paperback: 342 Pages
ISBN10: 0061583073



Other books in this series in the order that they should be read:
1. Halfway to the Grave
2. One Foot in the Grave
3. At Grave's End
4. Destined for an Early Grave

8 comments :

  1. ahhhh now after the VA series, this will be my next. The vampire novels never ends. LOL. Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series :) Can't wait for you to get to book 4... Cat & Bones just gets better and better

    im curious for her new books on the huntress world too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book myself and can't wait for the next in 2010. The "difficult" moments between Cat and Bones had me in wanting to chuck the book across the room. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, just thinking about it I get flustered and forget how to type!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart this series..loved your review. I squeed through mine too ;) Jeaniene Frost does know how to write angst between Cat and Bones!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. READAFREEK!! Yes, I was wanting to toss the book too when they were fighting. Haha, but maybe in a good way? Her fights are so realistic between Cat & Bones, I feel like I've HAD those arguments before. (Minus the paranormal-ness

    Mandi, thank you for the comment =) I am always so excited to write about The Night Huntress, hehe. How is it that Jeaniene can just make the angst sooo perfect between Cat & Bones? Gosh, I gotta get on reading the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your review. I felt the same while reading this one!
    Can't wait to get my next Bones fix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe! I'm glad you liked my review, Susi... I can not WAIT to read the 4th book. I can't believe I haven't yet, it is just... sitting on my shelf. being neglected =( Mmmm...Bones. haha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin