Sunday, February 14, 2010

Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh

5 out of 5 Robots!
 
My Review:
Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh was everything I expected it would be- once again proving how brilliant this writer is. I loved loved Elena's debut novel, Angels Blood-  I went into this with my expectations high. It didn't disappoint. It is heart-stirring, dangerous and intensely romantic.  Heeelllllooo, Raphael and Thank You, Nalini Singh- Our beloved archangel took my breath away at least once every five pages.

Elena has finally waken from her year-long coma to find that she is no longer a mere mortal. To her surprise she is now an immortal, an angel. One of the weakest angels, but hey- at least she gets to keep her hunter-born skills and sleep with one of the most erotic, powerful archangels EVER. And now, in gaining his one true love, her archangel  Raphael has showed his weakness- Elena. They are all gunning for her, but she's not just Raphael's plaything, she's hunter-born... an immortal with the heart of a mortal.

Loads of action in this book- Danger is always cooking. Knives always being thrown (literally.) Lijuan is building an army of the reborn, someone is pitting all the archangels against each other, stealing the innocent angel children. An angel crazed enough to believe they can best Elena and the Cadre is terrorizing the Refuge. As frightening as it is to be one of the weakest angels in the Refuge- Elena won't let this trump her efforts to learn how to fly and fight. But she only has a short time if she needs to fly before Lijuans ball... can she do it? Will her efforts be futile against the surprises Lijuan has waiting for her?

This novel holds a pleasant amount of emotional action too. Raphael and Elena have grown to fully trust and love each other, to know each other. Raphael's dialogue made my heart skip a beat. He is so beautiful in everything that he says to his lover. He even begins to realize that for their love to blossom, he must open up. It is fun getting to know him with Elena. There is a monumental amount of character development from her and their relationship. It is delightful that the author chose a realistic path in that Elena must to learn to fly, to train with her new wings. So adorable that she is so weak and for the first time in her life she needs to rely on someone other than herself.

I will now say that I am also perfectly enthralled with Raphael's Seven. They're the seven he trusts with his life, who live to make sure he's always safe. Illium, or Bluebell, the blue winged angel.... oh I can't even put into words how captivating he is. The way Nalini Singh describes just his eyelashes?! To die for. This author puts you right there in the Guild Hunter world. I mean really, how does she make secondary characters so damn intriguing?!

If you love angels, paranormal romance and the like - read this book. I highly recommend it. I was completely absorbed. After reading the last page I was like what? that's it? I want more. I don't know if I am going to be able to wait until next year for another Bluebell fix.

Other books in this series in the order that they should be read:

Book Details:
  • Paperback: 352 pages
  • Publisher: Berkley; Original edition (February 2, 2010)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0425233367
  • ISBN-13: 978-0425233368

18 comments :

  1. Another great review. I was so excited to read this book as well. I cannot wait tosee what she has in store in the future books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review..I still need to read this.

    I can't wait to read more with Illium!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BELLS. I can never thank you enough for getting me hooked on the angels. Especially these angels. haha

    Mandi! Holy crapola you do NEED to read this! Illium is awesome in it and is in it a good bit. I still want him to have his own book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I need to get these 2books and start this series. They are both in my wishlist. UGH... that list just keeps getting longer and longer.

    Thanks again for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do need to start this series! At least after reading the first one you can dive right into #2. It was murder waiting for Archangel's Kiss. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful review! I need to read this book. I actually haven't read anything from Nalini Singh yet, and I know that I need to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New author for me. Exciting. Great review

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cleverly Inked- She's a great author, I have to read her other series!

    PAT! Hell yeah, I can't wait to see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Another book to add on my TBR list. It's getting way too high! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always a good thing when you go into a book with your expectations high and you don't get disappointed.
    And this is only the second book in the series? I can do that :) I add these books to my tbb list!

    And I have an award for you over at my place :) -> http://erotromreader.blogspot.com/2010/02/happy-gay-friday-what-im-reading-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I hadn't wanted to read this book before , I definitely would now. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Silver, that pile is never going to get smaller. Haha, TBR piles only grow ;]

    Janna! I think you'll love this series. I always get so nervous going in with high hopes, but boy I'm glad I did. ;] Hopefully you have as much fun as I did with these.

    Natassia- Thanks for stopping by and I'm so glad you enjoyed the review!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your review certainly makes me feel like I need to get this book right here, right now. I've never indulge any of Nalini Singh books before, nor have I heard of her before I join this book blogging community, so I guess it is about time for me to try her novels! Thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to admit I haven't read her other books... But this series is amazing! Read it! Go out and buy it, Shy!! Angels Blood first ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow the story sounds great! and love stories with strong woman the cover is so cool so thanks for review I'll try to find this book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ilike the cover and the history. I really love the caracters!

    PD: im in the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great review! I have heard a lot about this series. I don't know if I will pick it up of not. I just get tired of looking at the same old covers with a girl looking fierce and sexy in tight clothes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin